General terms related to nominee:
- The employee of the year award will go to the nominee that has the highest evaluation scores amongst all categories.
- Award winners are not allowed to reapply in the same category for the following two years; applications under a different category are permitted.
- In case of death, the winner will remain eligible for the award and it will be presented to the legal heirs.
- Winners in the Institutional Excellence category, with the exception of winners in the Outstanding Management category, are eligible to apply every year.
- Nominated Specialist/Management should be qualified with a relevant educational degree or qualification.
- Individuals must have a minimum of 3 years experience in the UAE to be eligible for application.
- Nominated Special Educator should either have a degree and three years of experience OR a minimum of seven years practical experience in the field of special needs.
- The nominee shall have worked at an authorized institution.
- For Outstanding Special Need Center, the center must b officially authorized.
- The project should have an influence on the development of special needs services and should not have been developed for the purposes of another award or competition.
- The scale of the achievement should emphasize the level of achievement (locally, regionally or internationally).
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to use people-first language (using language that puts the person before the disability e.g. she has Autism instead of she is Autistic).
General terms related to nomination process:
- Nomination must be made by the General Manager or the deputy.
- Nomination must be made by a Board Member in the case of General Manager/Director category.
- Nomination must be made by General Manager in the case of Administration & Finance category.
- The submitted applications and documents are the property of the Award and will be kept in its archive. Nominees are requested to maintain duplicate copies to be used during the interview.
- Applications that do not fulfill the requirements will be automatically disqualified.
- Applications will not be accepted after the submission deadline.
- The names of the winners will be officially announced and awarded during a special ceremony to be held in Dubai.
- Unsuccessful nominees will receive a report highlighting the weaknesses and required areas of improvement and development.
- The decisions of the jury are final.
- Both project and research should be completed.
- In case of the discovery of forgery or misrepresentation in the application at any time, the candidate will be immediately disqualified.
- The decision to withdraw and retrieve the award with all its components is solely at the discretion of the executive committee or its representatives.
- The decisions of the jury are final.
The required documents:
- Application form.
- Nomination letter from the center’s management.
- Comments sheets for each criteria of the selected category.
- Resume (according to the category)
- Supporting documents such as certificates of education or work experience.
- Recommendation letters.
- A one page statement of the nominee’s professional philosophy.
- Press clippings, media video / audio records. (If available)
- A photocopy of the License issued by the relevant health authority/ministry to the professionals (if applicable)
- A photocopy of the Center license. (for Outstanding Center applications)
- Three copies of the nominated research (for Outstanding Research applications).
- For the Outstanding Center Category the following information should be included:
– Information about the mission, vision and objectives.
– Organizational Structure (for the Center)
Valid Documents Description:
- All documents, with the exception of the individual’s resume, shall cover the last five years only.
- Only requested documents should provide.
- The required font type for English is (Times New Roman) and for Arabic is (Simplified Arabic) within font size between 12 (General) to 14 (Titles and Subtitles).
- The number of words for comments in each standard shall be between 350 – 500 words.
- A softcopy of the documents shall be attached in a CD or USB memory.
- In the event of hardcopy submission, the submitted envelop must have the nominee’s name, job designation, the award category and the name of the center.